Do I need a high risk work licence?

If you need to operate any type of crane or to sling any load to be lifted, erect or alter scaffolding, use pulley system or any kind of power-assisted access to heights, shift loads using machinery etc., chances are that you will need a high risk work licence of some sort or class.

There are specific laws about doing high risk work safely. There are also general work health and safety laws that will apply to you in any situation, including when doing high risk work.

Here are some explanations from Safe Work Australia:
Dogging licence,
Vehicle loading crane licence,
Bridge & Gantry crane licence.

High risk work licences are valid for five years and recognised nationally. You can work in any State or Territory if you have a current HRW licence.